Thursday, July 21, 2011

Prevention

Adding to my theme from yesterday.. talking to our children.. I've been poking around on the darkness to light site this morning and decided to order a book to help me explain the issue to my girls. I found this book on Amazon ( as suggested by Darkness to light ) I Said No! a Kid to Kid guide to keeping your private parts private.  I encourage you to read the afterward of the book on Amazon. The author of the book's Son, at age 5 is at a sleep over and  his best friend engages him in inappropriate behavior. He said things like "All the cool kids are doing it" and "I'll give you 50 bucks". Her son tried to tell the mom of the best friend but she told him to go to bed. Who would have thought that we have to worry about a child's best friend?

I'll let you know what I think of the book once I've read it. Let's keep talking, and thank you for reading!

<3 Suz

No comments:

Post a Comment