Wednesday, July 27, 2011

I said No!

I Said No! A kid-to-kid guide to keeping private parts private

I read this book to the girls last night. They really didn't take it all that seriously.. Diana was goofing around, Toria was asking questions that didn't really pertain to the subject. Which made me realize.. this is something that is going to have to be an ongoing conversation. I can't just read a book to them one night and wash my hands of it.

The book did seem a little too young for Diana, and I think Victoria would have gotten more out of it had it just been her and I reading it. I liked how the book stopped and suggested "Why don't you talk about it now?".. to such things as being curious about the opposite sex, who the caregivers in your life are etc. It gave them the opportunity to ask questions and for me to evaluate if they were really understanding the subject matter.

It is definitely something you can use to start the conversation with your children, just be sure to continue the conversation.

~Suz

No comments:

Post a Comment